Personal Assistant to the Managing Director
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Reports to: Abdul Thadha, Managing Director
Based: Head office (Leicester)
Company Mission Statement: Bringing great stories within everyone’s reach.
Company Values: Kindness, Fun, Success, Collaboration, Helping Society
About Us: Sweet Cherry Publishing is an independent children’s book publisher based in Leicester. We are a small team with a big mission! We believe that all children should have access to great stories and endeavour to break down the barriers which often get in the way of reading. We are proud of our Leicester heritage and work very closely with the local community to increase literacy rates and promote reading for pleasure. We are a positive & fun team with kindness, success and collaboration at the core of our values. We are proud to represent our authors and are passionate about sharing engaging stories with children of all abilities and backgrounds.
This role is a flexible role encompassing all parts of administration. You are a team player willing to pitch in where needed and work hard to develop and grow this small business. You will be a self-starter who does not require a great deal of hand-holding and must be able to work independently and manage own workload efficiently. Being able to multitask is essential. Training will be given in terms of systems and processes but you will be expected to already be competent with all areas of the job description.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the MD’s diary effectively making full use of his time
- Be the key contact for our MD with internal and external stakeholders
- To monitor, prioritise and respond to emails on behalf of the MD and the company
- Prepare, collate and provide all necessary supporting documents for meetings
- Take, prepare and distribute internal and external meeting minutes
- Research and collate information to produce professional presentations and reports
- To monitor all employee sickness, absences, annual leave and Toil
- To create, update, distribute and follow company policies and procedures
- To organise all employee and MD travel arrangements including flights/transportation and hotel bookings
- Organise media appearances and events
- Ensure all necessary arrangements are complete prior to the MD attending any meetings
- Working closely with all members of the management team and providing administration support when required
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- 1+ years experience in administration
- 1+ year experience as a Personal Assistant
- An enjoyment of books and reading
- Confident use of Outlook, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Clean driving license and access to a car
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Free tea, coffee and a lot of snacks!
- Free onsite parking
- Workplace pension
Working Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day
(30 minute or 1-hour lunch break unpaid)
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays
Location: Sweet Cherry Publishing, Unit 36, Vulcan House, Vulcan Road, Leicester, United Kingdom, LE5 3EF
Start Date: As soon as posisble.
To apply: please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or in the post to the above address.
If you are interested in work experience at Sweet Cherry Publishing, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your CV (covering your education, previous experience (if any), skills and contact details)
- A cover letter (detailing your career interests and work experience objectives)