Sweet Cherry is looking for a new Foreign Rights manager. Take a look below to see if this job might be fore you!
Ideally, we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. The successful candidate will attend the Frankfurt Book Fair in October. In November they will travel to Shanghai for the China Children’s Books Fair, and in late November to early December they will travel to the Guadalajara Book Fair in Mexico. The role requires independent travelling so a valid passport is essential along with a willingness to travel!
Duties and responsibilities
• Adminstrative and logistical organisation in the Foreign Rights department, working closely with Editorial and Production departments.
• Building relationships with foreign rights/co-edition clients.
• Sending material and supporting meeting follow-ups.
• Booking appointments and managing diaries for international and national book fairs.
• Attending book fairs and pitching titles to prospective foreign rights clients.
• Negotiating offers submitted and preparing translation rights and/or licensing agreements.
Skills and experience
• Relevant degree
• Valid Passport
• Strong interpersonal skills at all levels
• Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong research abilities (to stay up-to-date with current book trends in the market)
• Excellent organisation and time-management skills
• Strong interest in publishing
• Interest in travelling and ability to adapt to different environments/situations
• Ability to take the initiative and confidently make decisions
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to learn
• Experience in communicating with third-parties
• Fluency in at least one foreign language
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Experience in publishing (but this is not required)
• Full UK driving license
• Sales experience
Permanent, full-time position (Subject to six-month probationary period)
Start date: ASAP
Rate of Pay: £6.70 p/h for 24 years and under and £7.20 p/h for 25 years and above (minimum living wage requirement).
How to apply
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th September 2016
Job Type: Full-time subject to a six month probationary period.