Earth Day 2021
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day is a day that we honour and celebrate our planet. It was a movement that started in the early ’70s that dedicated time to ensure everyone did their bit to help keep the planet clean. Earth Day was first celebrated in the US and soon went global, encouraging 200 million people around the world to raise environmental issues onto the world’s stage.
Get involved in Earth Day 2021
With most of us being stuck indoors for over a year, Earth Day is the perfect time to help find new ways to save our planet! There are so many ways you can encourage others to get involved, too. Here is a list of things you can do to get children involved in Earth Day 2021 …
It doesn’t matter what it is – with this simple act, you can celebrate the earth by increasing the wonders of Mother nature.
Reduce, reuse and recycle
Have you ever wondered what you can do with items you usually throw away? Well, wonder no more! Get creative by using common household items, that would otherwise end up in the bin!
This tissue roll binocular craft is a fun way to get excited for the summery days ahead of us. It’s always a fun way for children to explore and make sense of the world and nature around them.
Equipment / Tools:
- Scissors (with adult supervision)
- 2 empty toilet paper rolls
- PVA glue or sticky tape
- Decorating supplies, such as markers, crayons, stickers (optional)
- string or ribbon
- First, join the tissue rolls side-by-side using glue or sticky tape.
- Decorate them – be creative and have fun! Add some colour using any markers and pens you have personalise your binoculars. Write your name – it’s yours!
- If you want to wear it around your neck, fasten a strap by cutting small holes on either side of the tissue rolls and knotting some string or ribbon to secure them in.
- Once your masterpiece is complete, head outside and get exploring! Play games – these handmade binoculars gives “I-spy” a whole new meaning!
Now is the time to further your knowledge, branch out (pun intended!) and learn more about our planet.
Sweet Cherry publishes books that make learning fun! Look out for a brand new early years book, coming soon in October 2021 …
100 First Word to Protect our Planet
Children are the future, and together we can make the world a better place!
Child-friendly with interactive lift-the-flaps and vibrant illustrations, the 100 First Words series is the perfect way for little ones to develop their early language and communication skills.
The vocabulary introduces children to a range of different environments to encourage them to explore and observe the world around them.
The topical focus in each book will help them to understand the challenges surrounding our planet and encourage them to make positive changes towards a more sustainable future.
100 First Words to Protect our Planet will be available to pre-order soon. In the meantime, explore more of Sweet Cherry’s books here.
© 2021 Sweet Cherry Publishing